Thursday, May 16, 2013

A new perception - floating mode

22.3.13


A year ago today, my dear brother Shay had a heart transplant at the age of 41. His life was saved. He will be able to celebrate this year’s Passover with his beloved wife and 5 wonderful children. Anyone looking for God’s miracles?


Six days from the first treatment. Time seems to be crawling.
Recently my senses had changed and were transformed in a new way. Overall, I realized it’s all a matter of perception and attitude. The situation is not that bad if you look at the constant feeling of dizziness which is similar to the feeling of drunkenness or being stoned, as a positive thing. 
The new perception of floating mode still enables many activities such as going to the gym, supermarket, restaurants, and managing a routine.
True, there is a limit in range of time and action. Lots of rest is needed in between. But it is possible. If all I’m asked by my dear Eli is a smile and some joy, I am capable of it. I can feel happy and not miserable.


Last few days were difficult days of Passover preparations. To my surprise I could still take part in those preparations, including some cleaning tasks. I found myself doing all sorts of errands with my dear mother and in between sitting with her eating a tasty sandwich at La Molin bakery.


In a way, I couldn’t help being a little bit upset that my dreams to spend quality time with Mom became true under such unhappy circumstances. But then I realized this is an example how even in bad situations there are plenty of opportunities to turne in around for good. I feel truly sorry for those who can’t figure out how to see things this way.



No comments:

Post a Comment